Tuesday, 4 August 2009

Hobby horse Charlie.

Apart from blogging and riding the ponies i don't seem to have any hobbies. This is a subject that has been cropping up a lot recently and although i have the ability to moan about it alot (a talent that has also been brought to my attention, but all you lovely ladies know i am trying to resolve this) ii haven't really taken any great steps to resolve this. The role playing never really got off the ground and to be quite honest id feel awful for anyone that has to teach me anything more complicated then tying my shoe laces.

So after chatting with a few forum friends (yes friends on the internet at 22, perhaps i need to sort that out first!!) and i have decided on trying out crochet and amateur photography. Both are good as i already have the equipment and i have people to cry to when it all goes wrong. I have made a pact that i will take my camera everywhere for one week and send the pact maker the results to see whats good etc. I am yet to make a deal over the crochet but i want to have something made by chrsitmas. It doesnt have to be good mind.

Lastly i have a stack of books to get through so i think one book a month is a fairly relaxed goal...the plan is to be knitting a photographing so much that i dont have time to read but we shall see, especially as i can see my social life perking up a great deal if all goes well...cue eyebrow wiggle.

Any hints or tips lemmie know :D

10 comments:

Marianne said...

Nowt wrong with Internet friends.
If I didn't have internet friends I'd have not had a holiday to Scotland this year!

The Pixie said...

I agree... I love my pretentious poetry internet friends... they fill me with joy and inspiration!

Tell you what Charlie... if you can crochet me an awesome scarf by Christmas, I shall do you a tarot reading in return... consider it a Christmas trade present!

<3

Charlie said...

That is most definetly a deal!

The Pixie said...

Woo hoo!!!...

Scarves for Bexy!!!

I like em long and in any colour but pink!

<3

Charlie said...

And if i fuck up i have the perfect one to give you ha ha

The Pixie said...

No cheating Ms Cat.... the cards will tell me if you have been trixie!!!

Holandricon said...

I decided to stumble your way over the internet. If you need any crochet help, I am more than happy... I crochet more than breathe at the moment it seems. I even ended up crocheting a hairband for a puking girl in the pub so that she wasn't sick in her hair. Speed!Crochet, if you will.

Charlie said...

Aw thanks then

Will Foxton said...

Why not take up playing with toy soldiers?

You know it makes sense. I also think that cooking counts as a hobby, btw.

Charlie said...

Toy soliders are expensive and cooking make me fat...